Cientifica Plc seeks to acquire and build businesses making use of emerging technologies and advanced materials. These are typically businesses at an early revenue stage where the technology has been proven but not scaled up to meet emerging market demand. The Company focus will be on applications of graphene, nanotechnology and industrial biotechnology, with markets ranging from chemicals, aerospace and microelectronics to smart and sustainable buildings.
For more information on the Cientifica Plc listing on the AIM market visit our investor relations site.
Emerging Technologies are ones that:
- Arise from new knowledge, or the innovative application of existing knowledge;
- Lead to the rapid development of new capabilities;
- Are projected to have significant systemic and long-lasting economic, social and political impacts;
- Create new opportunities for and challenges to addressing global issues; and
- Have the potential to disrupt or create entire industries.
Emerging technologies are critical to long-term global prosperity. They represent the innovation that adds necessary economic and social value to materials, products and processes. They provide potential solutions to a wide range of pressing global challenges including energy generation and storage, health care, climate change, food security and access to clean water, and also potential opportunities for investors and entrepreneurs.