Tim Harper talks at TEDx.
They provide potential solutions to a wide range of pressing global challenges including energy generation and storage, health care, climate change, food security and access to clean water, and also potential opportunities for investors and entrepreneurs.
Emerging Technologies are ones that:
- Arise from new knowledge, or the innovative application of existing knowledge;
- Lead to the rapid development of new capabilities;
- Are projected to have significant systemic and long-lasting economic, social and political impacts;
- Create new opportunities for and challenges to addressing global issues; and
- Have the potential to disrupt or create entire industries.